Thursday, June 18, 2015

Happy 30th to Me

Well I made it to 30.  Thank you God! 

The last two years have been anything but normal.  I have had ups and downs, in and outs, and everything in between.   Cancer kicked my butt, and then I kicked Cancers butt right back. 

I thought when I turned 30 wealth was the marker of happiness and success.  Turns out health is the real marker of happiness and success.  I have been through a stroke, brain surgery, chemo, stem cell transplant,  and countless emotions to get my health.  I have learned it is harder to get health than wealth.  I realize I will take health over wealth any day.  I would rather live in a box under a bridge as a happy, healthy person than be sick and depressed in mansion.

  I have had cancer, but at 30 I am healthier now than ever.  I am no size 2 but my mind and soul are happy.  My bank account is not overflowing but my mind and soul are healthy.  I feel good about the honest "Cass-hole" that I am.   I feel cancer has given me a wisdom far beyond my years and given more patience than I could imagine. 

There is nothing I would change about my last 30 years and cheers to 30 more amazing years of living a happy, healthy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment