Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Another cancer lesson

Laying in bed this morning, totally uncomfortable with Brayden on my stomach, it dawned on me, there is no place I would rather be than in bed with my family.  Cancer has helped me re-prioratize my life.  Before my stroke I had have lived everyday thinking about what comes next, never enjoying the present moment.  Now every moment is special.  Every thing I have I should be grateful for.  Life can literally change over night.  I am so blessed to be able to lay around with my son and enjoy the wonder that he is and enjoy my husband for the incredible father he is.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. I too live life preparing and planning for what's next. Joey hates it. I overlook the now when I should be focusing on it. Thank you for sharing all of this. It is very insightful and inspiring to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Joey, stop doing that! Live for the now! Unless you are preparing to plan a trip to Seattle, then plan for that ;)

    ReplyDelete