Wednesday, May 21, 2014

First Rant

I am new to this whole blogging thing but I am going to give it a shot.  Today I snapped on facebook, I went on a rant about judging others because I felt I was being judged as a parent for having cancer.  I thought I could handle being judged for cancer, but I found out today I can't handle being judged for cancer when my parenting is questioned.  My child is my most prized possession.  Sure children should not be called possessions, or things, they are humans, but they are fragile and need to be molded, like material goods, in their youth to become contributing members of society.  As a young adult/mother going through cancer I have learned a great coping mechanism of not caring about being judged becsuse after having a stroke at 28 years old I realized "I aint got time for that" judgment stuff, life is too short.  However when my parenting is judged, oh no, a cass-hole comes out.  Cancer made me realize my children will be my most valuable possession once I am gone and I need to take good care of them.  It is one thing to judge me and my child, because your negative judgment will be returned one day, but when my child thst negative judgment will be returned in a timely manner.

The question posed before me by multiple parties was basically why would you teach your son to get likes on facebook for positive thoughts?  Really people, how do you not see that likes for me to believe there is good in this world for my son is so not the same as likes for a new car.  I guess I should be more concered with teachimg my son how to deal with not smart people in this world than teaching him character and morals!   However by the picture belowof him needing a helmet for breakfast, he might be more like his father, one of those not smart folk, and I wont need to teach him anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment